Friday, January 16, 2015

Three steps forward ... Or lets call it 19kgs down

So the last time I blogged I promised to keep you up to date with the progress of my weight loss. Well I was pretty rubbish at keeping that promise so I am just going to tell you its been pretty good and its still going. Since the end of September, so lets say officially from the start of October, I have lost 19.4 kgs... Has it been easy? Hell no. Is it rewarding? Hell yes. Will I keep going? Damn straight I will. While I still have a whopping 16kg's to lose at least I have tipped the scale in my favour. The original task of 35kgs seemed like a mammoth unsurmountable one. The 16kgs of today feel like a much easier figure to swallow. Or to not swallow as it were. Being on diet and all - swallowing bad! Some key learnings to date? Diet is not just about food and quantities and exercise. It is very very much about nutrition. Garbage in, garbage sits. Eating a crackerbread and some cucumber is not a meal. And while you think robbing yourself of calories is going to shift weight, the reality is, it isn't. You need to feed a diet with nutrition. I am by no means an expert but with the help of an expert who is helping open my eyes to all of this I am over 19 kgs lighter and a whopping 73cms slimmer. Dum dum dummmmm....

3 comments: